SeaDek DIY Install Kit – Malibu VTX 08
Looking for the best flooring for your Malibu VTX 08?
Then fit your boat out with our Malibu VTX 08 SeaDek DIY conversion kit. Simply select your colour, pattern, design and options and we will get your kit underway.
What is SeaDek?
SeaDek is a UV protected non-absorbent foam, featuring an innovative, textured micro-dot surface for enhanced non-slip characteristics. Its non-skid, closed-cell PE/EVA products offer safe and comfortable alternatives to moulded non-skid, paint-on textures and other marine traction products.
How do our DIY SeaDek kits work?
- Choose your model, colour, pattern and options (if applicable).
- Select your custom designed logo or boat name (optional).
- Submit your order and make payment.
- We send your a dry fit template to check your boat.
- Once confirmed, we fabricate and ship your SeaDek kit ready for installation.
- We provide you with a DIY SeaDek installation video.
- Phillips head screw driver
- Utility knife
- Safety equipment – mask/gloves/safety glasses
- Rags x 4
- Seadek Knife (supplied.)
- Socket set( to remove bolts from seat bases)
- Orbital sander using 80grit sand paper
- Flowcoat (recommended colour black)
Step by Step Installing your kit
- Remove fixed cushions from boat
- Remove fixed cushions from hinges
- Remove drivers seat from boat.
- Remove all screws from rear of seat bases including bow.
- Remove seat bases from boat.
- Remove centre board 1mt x 700mm?
- Remove small centre hatch. dim x x
- As per image one cut and remove inner carpet.
Please note if you remove too much carpet at this stage you will compromise the finish for the carpet on the inside of the seats.
- Once carpet is removed you will need to use the orbital sander to remove all glue and carpet residue from floor.
- Smooth any imperfections/lumps that will interfere with a smooth finish. (using appropriate PPE)
- Clean floor using acetone whilst wearing PPE. (using appropriate PPE)
- Flowcoat floor (recommended colour black) Allow at least 24hrs curing time, based on temperature/humidity. (using appropriate PPE)
- Install the 2 supplied Thermo Lite 30mm thick boards (centre board and small hatch) Ensure these are also cleaned with acetone.
- Dry fit mylar templates.
- Install seadek kit as per seadek installation video.
- Ensure the you have thoroughly applied uniform pressure to all of the SeaDek. We call this the SeaDek shuffle. No dirty boots.
- Removing air bubbles
Learn more about SeaDek’s marine flooring.